A short but awesome post
Gideon has his black suit on, and boy does he look spiffy. He's still in the drying process right now, but I wasn't comfortable leaving him outside to dry. As soon as I could get him in the carrying case I brought him inside so he could dry where I could keep an eye on him. Now the only challenge is going to be keeping inquisitive kitty noses and pernicious kitty fur away from his new coat!
It went on relatively easy, so I think we'll be in good shape to slap the decals on by Wednesday, and then the final clear coat to protect everything on Friday or Saturday. Whew! I'm glad I was able to get the black on today--I don't want to waste any time with this machine, and all this waiting is just killing me. :(
I'll do a more in depth walkthrough of his new coat once I've got everything together. The bad news is that his base shows the original sanding the manufacturer did, so he doesn't look as perfect as he would have coming off the assembly line. The good news is that everything else looks spectacular, and I'm confident I'll have a beautiful machine to work with for many years to come.
|So cute! And addictive.|
To close things out for the day, I finished my little flower and dropped it off at the store! I picked up another packet, and got my bundle of neutrals (just for you, Bonnie Hunter), so I'll be chopping those into scrap pieces sometime this week, once I can safely move Gideon.
I'll post again this week about the show, and about Gideon's continuing makeover. I may even have some quilting pictures. I know it's been a little while since I sewed anything, but I've wanted to put all my energy into doing right by Gideon. Now that the end is in sight I think I can take some time to catch up with the Just Takes 2 project, or perhaps work on something else entirely. Who knows!